Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rmerac

Rmerac

To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) Empty
PostSubject: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 pm

So yesterday I was role-playing as a Marine Sniper and some jerk off pulls a knife whilst standing behind me (Rebel Rob was a witness). I shoot to kill as I felt my life was in danger. He then complains to an admin. Later, that same jew knob decides to fire on a citizen, I then returned fire to diminish the threat. (He claimed to be a Sheriff, which isn't a big deal, but instead of arresting the guy he decided to point blank, fire on him when no shots were fired nor was a weapon visible..) Finally, in front of Baker, he attempts to pickpocket me as a thief and I tell him to leave the vicinity, yet refuses, so I fire on him again. He complained more as each event occurred yet continued to play stupid when ordered to remove himself from the area. That's his fault, am I correct?

This post isn't to complain about the guy, (as I did not mention his name), but Baker can tell you, that some of the players on RP are just fucking stupid. The reason they get shot is most likely due to sheer boredom of an empty server or because when role-playing gets going, they refuse to play their role properly.

I know some may say I am a hypocrite because I rdm'd Anal hunter when he and I were two of 4 players online and were 2 of 3 that were not AFK. However, that event was taken care of when I received my ban and was unbanned with Baker's knowledge, then returned to the server to roleplay properly. So using this as an argument is invalid.

Anyways, my point is, clarification of certain situations are required, otherwise you're going to keep having a 16 year old cry bag relentlessly pouring his tears in-game about how someone shot them for doing something ignorant they'd get shot for in real life.

With that being said, what gives each class the go ahead to kill an individual in game? Other than a Hitman/Assassin needing a documented hit, what does it specifically take for an Officer to pull out his weapon? As I HAVE read the rules, it states officers must holster their guns at all times except when deemed appropriate. Yet I see them running around with their guns out unnecessarily, then firing on someone without proper warning. I believe the server rules for role-playing should be more strictly enforced because cops, citizens, and admins just run around pointlessly waving their weapons and destroying any purpose of role-play.

(PS) The gmod server is offline.
Back to top Go down
Boyo
--------------------
--------------------
Boyo

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:44 pm

When you get pickpocketed you may kill the person pickpocketing you. if someone shoots you, you may kill them, and yes you have to holster your gun unless deemed appropriate, like the examples stated above, citizens cant have guns, and admins are suppose to be helping people not running around with their weapons (unless there rping). and you cant kill someone until they hit you (or they hit someone else if your a marine), so if someone has there knife out, you cant kill him, you wouldnt kill someone in real life for that. I hope that clears some things up
Back to top Go down
http://www.justinbiebermusic.com/
Rmerac

Rmerac

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Boyo wrote:
When you get pickpocketed you may kill the person pickpocketing you. if someone shoots you, you may kill them, and yes you have to holster your gun unless deemed appropriate, like the examples stated above, citizens cant have guns, and admins are suppose to be helping people not running around with their weapons (unless there rping). and you cant kill someone until they hit you (or they hit someone else if your a marine), so if someone has there knife out, you cant kill him, you wouldnt kill someone in real life for that. I hope that clears some things up
You do make a valid point, but mine was more that the guy behind me who pulled a knife had clear intentions as we were on top of a roof and I was scoping over the town. If a person pulled a knife on a Marine doing his job as it occurred in my situation, I believe you're wrong in that the said Marine would not blow that guys head off or at the very least break his arm.

Also, another thing pertaining to attacking others, say I'm a Marine and punched a thief for pickpocketing another individual. Then that individual fires on me resulting in my death. Who is considered wrong in that scenario? Mark Wahlberg, (a player in the server), insisted I was not wrong for punching a pickpocketer, yet the pickpocketer disagreed. So what's the judgement in that?

One more thing, is there a list of active administrators for the server? I'd personally like to know the admins.

EDIT: AAAAND one LAST thing before you reply... This is a two-part question...
Referring to your signature image, a gangster hates officers. In this case, when playing as a gangster in the server, if an officer deliberately shows himself, alone, in the company of a gangster, may that gangster murder the officer so long as no other officers or Marines see it? If so, I'm assuming arrest or return fire are the options of the other officers and marines, however, my question is, is it rdm if gangsters murder? Wouldn't they just be considered wanted? Because as the investigative process is limited in a video game, the console still holds reliable evidence that an individual committed a crime. Therefore, ARRESTS should be made, rather than quick BANS on those that rdm, correct? (However, if said arrested individuals reconnect to the server just to be set free from jail, then they're result is a ban for attempting to make light of role-play punishment. My point is, rdm shouldn't be this quick ban that I've noticed a lot of people immediately request on someone who has broke the rule, instead a person should be arrested in-game.)

Last edited by Rmerac on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boyo
--------------------
--------------------
Boyo

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Rmerac wrote:
Boyo wrote:
You do make a valid point, but mine was more that the guy behind me who pulled a knife had clear intentions as we were on top of a roof and I was scoping over the town. If a person pulled a knife on a Marine doing his job as it occurred in my situation, I believe you're wrong in that the said Marine would not blow that guys head off or at the very least break his arm.

Also, another thing pertaining to attacking others, say I'm a Marine and punched a thief for pickpocketing another individual. Then that individual fires on me resulting in my death. Who is considered wrong in that scenario? Mark Wahlberg, (a player in the server), insisted I was not wrong for punching a pickpocketer, yet the pickpocketer disagreed. So what's the judgement in that?

One more thing, is there a list of active administrators for the server? I'd personally like to know the admins.

EDIT: AAAAND one LAST thing before you reply... This is a two-part question...
Referring to your signature image, a gangster hates officers. In this case, when playing as a gangster in the server, if an officer deliberately shows himself, alone, in the company of a gangster, may that gangster murder the officer so long as no other officers or Marines see it? If so, I'm assuming arrest or return fire are the options of the other officers and marines, however, my question is, is it rdm if gangsters murder? Wouldn't they just be considered wanted? Because as the investigative process is limited in a video game, the console still holds reliable evidence that an individual committed a crime. Therefore, ARRESTS should be made, rather than quick BANS on those that rdm, correct?
If you see someone pickpocket another, you may kill the person doing it, as it states in the motd, pickpocketing is aos/kos.

There is not a list of admins atm, but i can make one real quick

Super-Admins:
Acid;Nico
Baker
Tsora
Boyo
9mm Blue Falcon
Ulqiorra

Admins:
Kalevala
Otaku
Polo;Jake;High Steaks
Joker;Gooby
Finkletmonkey
Flyinpanda
SpecialJ

And as for the signature;
remember this is darkrp, semi serious, not everything you would do in real life you can do in darkrp, because the rules do not allowed it. and there isnt gangsters on the server, only C.H.I.L and H.E.A.T
RDM means it is against the rules
Back to top Go down
Rmerac

Rmerac

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 3:55 pm

I see, however, I'm trying to understand multiple scenarios, but with the information provided, my comprehension is very blurry due to the lack of in depth details.

Do not consider this a troll, I mean I am only trying to understand further, but when an individual shoots someone in game, their is an arrest ability. What I was getting at was, if there is the ability to arrest, yet everyone is getting kicked when the freely murder, then whats the point? There are ways to punish people without removing players from the community. Hot fingered admins like to kick people just because they don't want to deal with them or because they just want to "win" by simply removing the threat to their intelligence altogether. So what I'm saying is, why not enforce the use of arrests prior to jumping to the option of banning a player for rdming. You can't just label something "bad" if there are more things that come into play in a said occurrence.
Back to top Go down
Boyo
--------------------
--------------------
Boyo

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:06 pm

You arrest if someone breaks the law, you kick if someone breaks the rules, but typically if someone breaks the rules on purpose they are going to leave if you arrest them, and a kick is basically a small ban, because they cant join back right after they get kicked. and admins usually (at least i don't) kick if someone accidentally breaks the rules unless they are being rude.
Back to top Go down
Rmerac

Rmerac

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Very well. Now that it is clear and on the record, certain individuals after having read this, such as myself, will be sure to play without rdming in the future.
Back to top Go down
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 am

(you forgot Stiackman on the Admin list)
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra
--------------------
--------------------
Ulquiorra

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 am

Stiackman was demoted
Back to top Go down
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Yea, thought he was moved to normal admin. Was he fully demoted?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)   To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public) Empty

Back to top Go down

To Clarify... (Holding Weapons in Public)
Page 1 of 1