Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

The Server.

Go down 
+3
Nico
Stiackman
SpecialJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SpecialJ

SpecialJ

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: The Server.   The Server. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Alot lately the server looks like its dying, no one is getting on, our max player number has been like 10. Last year it was full almost all the time, or atleast 20+. I think I lot of it is not having the custom models like we did last year. It was a long download yes, but it was worth it, but it brought committed players that would want to stay for awhile. I feel like we need to add back the custom models back. I really like the server but it doesnt feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Stiackman

Stiackman

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 pm

I agree. Acid has been changing alot of things, but whatever it was that attracted players in October through February so much needs to be added back. It has been very dead.
Back to top Go down

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 pm

It was nothing that acid changed. Everyone goes to Static servers for a while then they all like migrate back and forth between servers
Back to top Go down
Nico
--------------------
--------------------
Nico

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 am

@ninja, I don't mind static servers, they're actually pretty alright. They took all our servers minges to their server, free of charge. Smile  And to be honest, it really does have nothing to do with the player models. Though if I DID add player models I'd be changing the user jobs models.. Don't get me wrong, i'm highly considering it, it's just the fact we have all the m9k packs now. The reason the server started to die was due the the large download time-span, but I'll take a poll and consider it. It all depends on what's best for the server, and it's players; that's all I honestly care about.
Back to top Go down
https://designatedgaming.forumotion.com

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Acid wrote:
@ninja, I don't mind static servers, they're actually pretty alright. They took all our servers minges to their server, free of charge. Smile  And to be honest, it really does have nothing to do with the player models. Though if I DID add player models I'd be changing the user jobs models.. Don't get me wrong, i'm highly considering it, it's just the fact we have all the m9k packs now. The reason the server started to die was due the the large download time-span, but I'll take a poll and consider it. It all depends on what's best for the server, and it's players; that's all I honestly care about.
I really loved acid baker. It just got so minge infested in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Manic

Mr.Manic

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I think the error is more with the players than the server. The few good returning player constantly have to deal with new players who won't RP. After my first day on the job as an admin, I could not believe the number of people doing nothing. Nothing but constantly ravaging one another in the same spot over and over again. People would just hang outside of the gun store con sleep trolling each other or shooting each other and then would complain and then rinse and repeat. Nobody went off to do their own thing nobody organize their game nobody built a base nobody managed money printers they just managed to float in the same area dying over and over again complaining about dying over and over again... I managed to play for well over 5 hours with money printers practically in plain sight of everyone else and no one even attempted to break in and take them. 

from what I can see we need to enforce RP, we need to get people to actually play the freaking game.

if players just wanna run around and act stupid shooting each other they can go play gun game or something on Counter Strike.

so I say again the problem is not with the server with
Back to top Go down
Nico
--------------------
--------------------
Nico

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 pm

NinjaMonkeyPanda wrote:
Acid wrote:
I really loved acid baker. It just got so minge infested in my opinion.
Wow what do you know... a minge complaining about minge infestation. Oh the irony. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Nico
--------------------
--------------------
Nico

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Mr.Manic wrote:
I think the error is more with the players than the server. The few good returning player constantly have to deal with new players who won't RP. After my first day on the job as an admin, I could not believe the number of people doing nothing. Nothing but constantly ravaging one another in the same spot over and over again. People would just hang outside of the gun store con sleep trolling each other or shooting each other and then would complain and then rinse and repeat. Nobody went off to do their own thing nobody organize their game nobody built a base nobody managed money printers they just managed to float in the same area dying over and over again complaining about dying over and over again... I managed to play for well over 5 hours with money printers practically in plain sight of everyone else and no one even attempted to break in and take them. 

from what I can see we need to enforce RP, we need to get people to actually play the freaking game.

if players just wanna run around and act stupid shooting each other they can go play gun game or something on Counter Strike.

so I say again the problem is not with the server with
I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
The Joker

The Joker

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:30 pm

I completely agree acid. That is one of the things that kept me interested in the server.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Manic

Mr.Manic

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Man acid last night was rough. 
I can't figure what people are thinking....they dont RP, but they do cry and complain about oh, EVERTHING. 

And what do they expect? When everyone on the server has a massage orgy out side of the only gun shop on the server SOMEONE is going to get Shot/stabbed/Arrested/ or "disrespected"...

Jesus if all players are going to do is butt hump each other in a square block of town why waste such a nice large map on them. Ferr fuckz sake.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Manic

Mr.Manic

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:48 pm

oh.. . and don't get me started on the Cars.
Back to top Go down
Stiackman

Stiackman

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Mr.Manic wrote:
I can't figure what people are thinking....they dont RP, but they do cry and complain about oh, EVERTHING. 

And what do they expect? When everyone on the server has a massage orgy out side of the only gun shop on the server SOMEONE is going to get Shot/stabbed/Arrested/ or "disrespected"...

Jesus if all players are going to do is butt hump each other in a square block of town why waste such a nice large map on them. Ferr fuckz sake.
Welcome to the admin business.

"ADMIN ADMIN, this guy won't go away. ADMIN ADMIN this guy is pointing a gun at me. ADMIN ADMIN this assassin killed me for no reason."
You have to put up with this crap all day till all the good players are on.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Manic

Mr.Manic

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Stiackman wrote:
Mr.Manic wrote:

Welcome to the admin business.

"ADMIN ADMIN, this guy won't go away. ADMIN ADMIN this guy is pointing a gun at me. ADMIN ADMIN this assassin killed me for no reason."
You have to put up with this crap all day till all the good players are on.
Ya, I can't see how you all can stand it. Don't get me wrong, I agree that good players exist, they just seem to be out numbered.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot

Sureshot

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 pm

It has nothing to do with models.
and i do also remember when the server was full 24/7, and i had to set steam to auto connect when a player slot was available. Heres what i think has changed that has caused players to diminish
1. The admins, as plain and simple i can be, they are much more strict, and they don't listen to reason, and don't like to have fun.
2. The players, they have to be willing to play there role correctly, and be willing to not demote everyone for everything
3. More rules and restrictions, i remember when i could rob a gun shop (without breaking the rules) and not have to be kicked by a admin for "rdm" and some other shit that people made up that isnt true. Everything i do requires someone to use @, or be stopped by some lame rule (refer to 1. and 2.)
Expanding on 3. what makes rp fun and continuously entertaining is crime. For one to commit a crime, they must buy a gun, thus supplying funding to gun shop owners. When they kill a person, it gives reason for the cop class, marine class, and assassin class. (there are other crimes that can allow even more jobs to have a role)
Also, i think that the m9k weapons play a big part. having the ability to go into a shop and buy a FUCKING MINIGUN was FUCKING AMAZING! OR BUYING A .50 CAL! Going in a shop, robbing it with a minigun, and holding out in it!
Although i do think that the 3rd point plays a bog part, i think the biggest has to be the 1st point, because 2. and 3. can change as long as the admins change.
Back to top Go down
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

The only issue is that if you were to go back to old rules no one would follow them like they used to. Agreed with Sureshot.
Back to top Go down
The Joker

The Joker

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

The server has been filled with people recently. It seems that it's the custom server jobs such as drug producer and hash slinging slasher that brings the most traffic. When I saw that the hash slinging slashers were brought back many players got very excited.
Back to top Go down

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:02 am

brandonf1218 wrote:
The server has been filled with people recently. It seems that it's the custom server jobs such as drug producer and hash slinging slasher that brings the most traffic. When I saw that the hash slinging slashers were brought back many players got very excited.
I was on yesterday like "Oh my god theirs so many people on" and i was so happy so i aggree with brandon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Server.   The Server. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Server.
Page 1 of 1