Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]

Go down 
+2
Kalevala
Sonny236
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonny236

PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] Empty
PostSubject: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:14 am

I think using PlayX in the DarkRP would be pretty cool (Its a workshop addon that lets you stream youtube video). You could attatch it with the maps movie theater and make it perma there (So it creates on map restart as a world prop) and have people be able to queue videos (Preferably admins or if possible the owner of the building/certain job.)

Always some derpy vids that would be cool to show, or if not the movie theater part of it just have it for admins to spawn at areas and have people watch if they please, we already have WMC for music so why not video?

Last edited by Sonny236 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kalevala

Kalevala

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:39 am

Sounds like a Gmod Tower sort of thing. I would love to show some of the vids I watch on YouTube in the server.
Back to top Go down
ABCFinkletmonkey

ABCFinkletmonkey

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 am

Sounds really cool, although the voting for videos thing would be hard.
Back to top Go down
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Seems like it could lag the server. (unless the player hosts the stream, not sure)
Back to top Go down
Sonny236

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 pm

[ABC] polo wrote:
Seems like it could lag the server. (unless the player hosts the stream, not sure)
lol it doesnt lag at all. The one in gmod tower lags but thats a much bigger scale and NOT playx. i've used PlayX before and theres a slight spike while the video loads but thats normal.
Back to top Go down
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Still, the servers been a bit laggy lately. And simple spikes like that may annoy some people, we'll have to see if Acid implements it.
Back to top Go down
Boyo
--------------------
--------------------
Boyo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:39 pm

nope nope nope
people are going to play the most the most annoying videos they can find
and people will complain "waaah how do i turn it off"
Back to top Go down
http://www.justinbiebermusic.com/
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Yea, like, boyo might put his terribad music video choices on there. Ugh, the horrors.
Back to top Go down
ABCFinkletmonkey

ABCFinkletmonkey

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:12 pm

[ABC] polo wrote:
Yea, like, boyo might put his terribad music video choices on there. Ugh, the horrors.
Very true, let's try to keep this idea from acid. *shivers at the thought of it*
Back to top Go down
Sonny236

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Boyo wrote:
nope nope nope
*cough yourshitmusic *cough

You know you can make it admin only...lol. we can have people suggest videos in chat and have an admin approve them, I would love to do this when I'm not RP'ing or at an admin sit.

ULX>!menu>Some setting tab>Advertisements>"To turn off videos/Music, Hold Q>Settings>PlayX>Disable PlayX.>Set advertisement to run every 5 minutes or simply answer their question in OOC.

PROBLEM LE SOLV3D.
Back to top Go down
Sonny236

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:38 pm

[ABC] polo wrote:
Still, the servers been a bit laggy lately. And simple spikes like that may annoy some people, we'll have to see if Acid implements it.

Looks like somebody has shiternet polo <3.

naw but in all seriousness Ive been playing the server and its not laggy, The pings are fine and my FPS soild. Rarely drops and im on a craptop.

we'll just wait for acid to come across it and see his thoughts on the idea.
Back to top Go down
Boyo
--------------------
--------------------
Boyo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Sonny236 wrote:
Boyo wrote:
nope nope nope
You know you can make it admin only
Thats implying that admins play good videos, they dont.
Back to top Go down
Sonny236

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:18 am

Boyo wrote:
Sonny236 wrote:
Boyo wrote:
nope nope nope
but...your talking about yourself again...and im not even kidding.

Idk. I talked to baker who said we had it before but it was too laggy on the server and people were constnatly bitching so probably wont work out, just thought it might of been a good idea.
Back to top Go down
ABCFinkletmonkey

ABCFinkletmonkey

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:47 am

Sonny236 wrote:
Boyo wrote:
Sonny236 wrote:
Boyo wrote:
nope nope nope
but...your talking about yourself again...and im not even kidding.

Idk. I talked to baker who said we had it before but it was too laggy on the server and people were constnatly bitching so probably wont work out, just thought it might of been a good idea.
I think it's worth a try and will put of use to the theatre.
Back to top Go down
polo
--------------------
--------------------
polo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Sonny236 wrote:
[ABC] polo wrote:
Looks like somebody has shiternet polo <3.

naw but in all seriousness Ive been playing the server and its not laggy, The pings are fine and my FPS soild. Rarely drops and im on a craptop.

we'll just wait for acid to come across it and see his thoughts on the idea.
Actually, I don't have bad internet. You just have not been on the server lately to see the lag. It is server lag, not client side.
Back to top Go down
Sonny236

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 pm

[quote="[ABC] polo"]
Sonny236 wrote:
[ABC] polo wrote:

>>>naw but in all seriousness<<

I was joking, calm down.

I have been on the server, there used to be lag about a month ago but after the two map changes its been fixed. Its you, trust me. I'll join today and tomorrow and see for myself.

Lets get off the topic of lag and back on the topic of PlayX. which is probably done, baker said it used to cause lots of lag and complaints so probably not a good idea anyways. 

This can be locked unless acid has an opinion on it and he posts.
Back to top Go down
9mmblue

9mmblue

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:48 am

This is a big NO. Its not going to be like a theater with a range on the video. It plays around the whole map. There are performance issues with it and mostly sync time and server related problems too. People already complain about WMC being played imagine PlayX. This has none of my support and in my opinion i think its the dumbest idea for the server.
Back to top Go down
Sonny236

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:07 pm

9mmblue wrote:
This is a big NO. Its not going to be like a theater with a range on the video. It plays around the whole map. There are performance issues with it and mostly sync time and server related problems too. People already complain about WMC being played imagine PlayX. This has none of my support and in my opinion i think its the dumbest idea for the server.
All you had to say was no, not that its a dumb idea. It was an idea, respect that at least instead of shit on it.

like I said, I was already told that it was used before and worked badly so you can close the topic now instead of continue to post. Notice the last post date ;-;
Back to top Go down
Boyo
--------------------
--------------------
Boyo

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]   PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped] Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayX Idea.[Lock/Close - Idea dumped]
Page 1 of 1